The municipality of Exomvourgo on Tinos Island is organising summer festivities aiming to promote folklore and traditional culture, as well as at highlighting the environment and its natural beautifulness. Among the many festivities that run from June to the end of September are:
– On Saturday, July, 12: The painting-sculpture exhibition entitled 36 IN TINOS presenting 36 artists (Duration of the exhibition till 26/7, opening hours 18:30-22:30 at Falatados),
– On Saturday July, 19 Photograph exhibition of Eugenia Koumantarou entitled Humble Paradise. (Starting time of opening ceremony 20:00, duration of exhibition till 31/8, hours:10:30-13:30 & 18:00-21:00) In cooperation with the Cycladic museum of art at Loutra.
– On Sunday, July, 20 a night of Greek Music, about Manos Xatzidakis with the participation of a live orchestra and a mixed chorus of the National conservatoire of Halandri. The performance takes place at Loutra Village and starts at 21:00 (free entrance)
– Theatrical play: «Pitsimbourgo» of Sotis Triantafilloy: A play of historical every day’s life which is of social as well as political significance focusing on the economic immigration of Greeks at the beginning of the 20th century. Elego and Dimosthenis – the two heroes, deeply affect us via their epistles and they take us to the paths of the local idiomatism speech of Chios and the struggle of Greek immigrants in the period of the Balcan wars. The performance starts at 21:00 hours at the village of Volax
– Friday August, 1: Painting Exhibition of Ioannis Lasithiotakis, entitled The Mask of the Prince. On the opening ceremony of the exhibition Michalis Klapakis with his percussions and Ntani Adamopoulou on vocals create a musical show entitled “The prince spurs by traveling into the ocean of sound….” (Exhibition’s duration till 20/8, opening hours 18:30-22:30) Time of opening ceremony 20:00 at Falatados
– Saturday August, 2:Concert of ecclesiastical music. The mixed chorus of the parochial temple of Agios Andreas of Patras at the Cathedral Temple of the Holy Mary of Rodario. Starts at 21:00, free entrance
-Xinara,Organised by the Catholic archibishop of Tinos
– Thursday 7/8, Giannoulis Halepas, One of the greatest of European Sculpture artists, on the occasion of 70 years after his death, a top artist physiognomy at the central square of his village. Starts at 20:00 at Pyrgos Village
– Monday 11/8 Tribute to Greek songs: Concert with Orfeas Peridis, Melina Kana, Lizetta Kalimeri, Starts at 21:00, entrance18€, Loutra
– Sunday 17/8 Tribute to Greek songs: Concert of Nikos Xudakis« Act quickly as time pass» a special organised night of full moon at the stone theater with the participation of the “Oistron” quartet and an orchestra of ten members under aristical supervision of nikos Platirachos. Singer: Nana Mpinopoulou, On the piano: Magda Nikolaidou. Visual contribution by Kostas Tsoklis.Starts at 21:00, entrance fee 18€ Koumaros
– Sunday 17/8 180 years from the erection of the parish temple of Agios Agapitos. Opening ceremony of heirloom exhibition and historical bumfs. Starts at 19:30. On the same scope, at 19/8 there is an escape of the beaten track at the countryside and the distant churches of Agapios with a guide on murals. Starts at 18:00, Village Agapi
– Friday 22/8 Tribute to Greek songs: Concert of Pantelis Thalassinos with Giota Negka.Starts at 21:00, entrance 18€ Loutra
– Saturday 6/9: Tribute to Greek songs, «All together we sing Mikis Theodorakis» The people sing 29 of the best songs of the composer with a view to the Aegean at the central square of the village.Musicians and associates of the composer live on scene. The event starts at 21:00 at the village of Kardiani.
– Saturday 13/9 Raki Fest(Rakizio): Traditional distillery processes, tasting and chronicles all on a festive atmosphere. Music by the group Nisiotika Bofor. The festivity starts at 21:00, free entrance at the village of Falatados
– Saturday 20/9 Honey Fest: Tastes from the women of the village that create a base of a valuable product and present an extremely large variety of sweets.The event starts at 21:00 at the village of Kampo, free entrance.